Saturday, August 15, 2009

Video

Hei (hello in Finnish).

Now when I read video on the Moodle page in front of me, my thoughts instantly went to VHS or BETA. Some of the young people reading this will have no idea what I am talking about. It was what we used before we had DVDS!

Now after reading the topic fully I can understand they are talking about video clips that are saved in programs such as You Tube and Teacher Tube. Or better yet videos you as the Learning Manager or your students create by filming something on a digital camera or mobile phone then uploading it into a program such as Movie Maker.

I have only used movie maker once or twice and that was quite a while ago in an Art lecture last year. I remember it was quite an event for me as I am not technically minded and had a very old computer system. A quick play on my laptop now with the downloaded program (Movie Maker) and I feel confident I can make something. I might even set myself the task this week of filming the students in my class and experimenting with that during the week to create a mini movie. Of course I won’t be able to put that on here. I will have to come up with something else for that. Any suggestions?

Hei (which is also bye in Finnish).

No comments:

Post a Comment